Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

On DVD-'Knowing'

'Knowing' (PG-13) ***


Writers: Ryne Douglas Pearson, Julie Snowden, Stiles White
Director: Alex Proyas
Starring: Nicholas Cage, Rose Byrne, Chandler Canterbury

I was expecting to laugh at and hate "Knowing" partly because I can't trust Nicholas Cage anymore and because it looked silly and I am tired of these end of the world movies. I will always forgive a great actor for making bad movies because I know he or she will bounce back with a winner but Cage was trying my patience lately.I wound up liking "Knowing" a lot even though if I think about it deeply or saw it again I might change my mind. I was enthralled throughout the movie because I got carried away with the story and Director Alex Proyas does a great job telling the story and creating suspense. I won't give away much here because the fun in watching this is being surprised at what unfolds next. The purpose of my blog is to tell you if a movie is fun and entertaining and that is it. You could pick apart this plot and come up with plot holes and things that make you scratch your head but it is well done and entertaining. Sometimes you need movies where you don't have to think and get carried away. There is a great mood in the film, a little creepiness, some scares and what I thought was a beautiful and touching ending though it could seem corny on a second viewing. There are scary destruction scenes involving a subway train and an airplane that might make you think a little next time before you board them. The movie also looks great and Cage is good as he always is when he does a good movie. So put your brain on hold and sit back and enjoy for I thought this was a fun movie. I will take it over an "Independence Day" or a "Day After Tomorrow" any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment