Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

On DVD-'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past'

'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' (PG-13) **


Writers: Jon Lucas and Scott Moore
Director: Mark Waters
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Michael Douglas, Lacy Chabert, Breckin Meyer, Daniel Sunjata, Robert Forster, Anne Archer

I really like Matthew McConaughey and in 1993 while watching the classic "Dazed and Confused" I picked him to achieve super stardom because I knew right away he had charisma and sex appeal. I really like Jennifer Garner and early in her career watching "Dude, Where's My Car" I knew right away she would be a future star. See " Juno" and you will also notice that she can seriously act! The both of these stars together was a good move and they actually have great chemistry. Michael Douglas is also very funny in this movie and has the best lines. I wanted to like this movie which is sort of a "Christmas Carol" of romance and I did want these two characters to wind up together. So why didn't I like this movie? I just thought the predictability of it and a lot of dumb, obligatory scenes buried the charm. McConaughey and Garner look very good, Michael Douglas is funny and I will now tell you that supporting actor Daniel Sunjata (Rescue Me) will be a huge star like McConaughey very soon. This is not a bad movie and it is mostly charming but I thought it was a little forgettable and could have been more bold since the director is the same man who directed "Heathers". "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment